Monday, January 26, 2009

40 Weeks! arrg!

Well I am officially 40 weeks along today! I can't believe I made it to my due date. For some reason I had it in my head during almost this entire pregnancy that I was going have Braylie sometime last week. Well I am definitly learning patience once again! I feel like I am going to be pregnant forever!! I'm on maternity leave now which is very nice since I'm barely sleeping at night and am pretty much exhausted all the time but at the same time I'm getting extremely bored and feel like I have nothing to do anymore! I'm sure my sister is probably sick of me by now because I tag along pretty much 24/7 but I sure appreciate her letting me, so that I at least have some company.
Well to give an update on what the doctor said on friday at my appt. I am almost 3 cm dialated and a little over 50% effaced. He also said my cervix is very "ripe". I don't know exactly what that means but it sounds good to me. I pretty much begged him this last time to induce me (my sister and I even came up with the plan that I would cry so he would feel bad for me, but I chickened out. I'm thinking now that I should have done it.) but he pretty much told me that he won't do it until I am 41 weeks along and there is medical reason. So the plan is if I haven't had her by friday we are going to set up the inducement time then. My doc said he bets I'll have her before then but I'm doubting that extremely. I guess either way I will be having a baby soon...even though it doesn't feel like it and that I'm going to be pregnant forever! Hopefully my next update will either be letting people know when I will be induced or baby pics!

5 comments:

Dusty and Jenny Willis said...

Oh dang!! I'm so sorry your doc wont induce you until you're a week late! that's crazy!! Maybe we'll end up having our little ones on the same day :) how cool would that be. So if you get a choice on a day you should tell him feb. 3rd and our little girlies will have the same birthdays!!

Christie said...

Aww poor Laura! I am so sorry that totally sucks. Well at least you know at the very most you only have a week left. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Well i hope you get some rest cause trust me you are going to need it...I swear I still havent slept right since Carter was born. Well good luck hon and keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

I had Alivia at 38 weeks so the whole time I was pregnant with Austin I too had it in my head I would have him at 38 weeks. Nope -- my doctor would not induce me. So at 40 weeks I think I looked miserable enough that the nurse convinced him to -- thank goodness to her! I guess you are pregnant for 40 weeks for a reason! Try telling that to someone who is 40 weeks pregnant though (right)! Good luck and I will be patiently awaiting pictures of Brinley!

Kelsey said...

Oh my gosh...ha ha...i'm sooo sorry! You are almost there! I'll be checking your blog to see some cute baby pics of your little girl. Good luck with everything. I hope your delivery goes smoothly!

Belle said...

Oh, I hope it's soon for you Lu. I'm praying for you!

background